Friday, April 6, 2012

2012 Goals Quarterly Check IN

Memory Keeping:
  • keep up with Project Life (i actually just got my 2012 PL materials like 2 weeks ago. I have my pictures taken. I just need to print)
  • keep shutterfly updated and have an ongoing photo book
  • record something once a week and have a yearly video folder *ongoing*doing this!
  • turn VHS videos into DVDs
  • finish Nathanael's baby album (almost)
  • finish Zack's baby album
Personal:
  • Read through the Bible in a year and do weekly check ins *ongoing* though I have not done any check ins
  • Read through 29 planned books. ~ So I was doing this and then realized how much this goal did not work with my personality and changed it. Now my goal is to read 30 books this year. 15 being any book that I owned b4 2012 and 15 being any book (library, new, old, etc). This fits my reading goal, still forces me to read older books I've collected while having much needed freedom. So I've read 6/30. 5 owned b4 2012 and 1 new. I like this goal SO much better.
  • Listen to extra books on my kindle in speech to text format while doing hands on, brain free activities. ~ so far I've listened to one book and some of my Bible reading but I've not been very good with this.
  • make a 30 by 30 list ~ 17/30
  • make, do, or whatever something from my saved resources once a week *ongoing* doing this!
Marriage:
  • have a monthly date night ~ this so has not been working out with moving. we don't have anyone to babysit here yet! 0/11
  • have a weekend just us ~ planned this! reservations made and paid, days off requested, grandparents coming down, everything planned!!! I can not wait for this!!
Kids/School:
  • Swim & Tennis lessons for Chris (he did these last year and they fit him well) ~ there are no swimming lessons here! but he has been doing Tennis lessons and will continue through the summer.
  • Join Cub Scouts
  • Join the science museum once settled and money available
  • attend the homeschool convention in VA
  • Join a homeschool co-op once settled
  • start a chore system back up and have everyone an assigned night to help with dinner and evening kitchen routine
  • do any activity from resources once a week one on one with each child *ongoing* ~ still not consistent with this
Ministry:
  • start our weekly family night back up
  • host cook outs weekly or bi-weekly in the spring - fall, inviting everyone we know within reason
  • reach out monthly to someone however God directs *ongoing*
Financial:
  • set up a budget and use the cash envelope system *trying - this is hard for us, but we are improving*
  • start/open our Disney 2016 fund
  • open a vacation account
  • get life insurance for Nathanael
  • combine all kids life insurance and do auto pay to save $
  • make a will
I would just like to give my little spiel on yearly goals and goal setting in general. Goals should help not hinder you toward any short or long term goals. They should reflect your own personal priorities (not what others say your priorities should be) and work with your personality, life style, and phase of life. Otherwise they are unattainable and not worth your time and only going to stress you out. If I finish all these goals then awesome! If I finish half my goals then awesome! I consider it all an accomplishment! That I didn't just allow the daily rut of life to take over me. In some years I've considered a fourth of goals completed awesome! Because life that year was tough and had many hurdles but I made it through and not only did I make through but I was still able to work towards my life plan and goals! That's amazing to me!!! A lot of my goals are about consistency. I don't want to just have a weekly family night right from the start and be able to say on Dec.31 we had 52 family nights. While that is great, I would be just as happy as if we didn't get to work on this until let's say November and we only accomplished 8. By the end of the year we are consistently having a family night - I'm happy. I feel that way about every single goal I've set for 2012. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment