Chris ~ Grade 1: I basically followed the CM Curriculum Guide (i seriously love that site btw) while changing up some things.
- He will have 3 Montessori based trays.
- Math - Math U See Alpha
- Copywork - A Reason for Handwriting
- Science - 106 Days of Creation Study
- Personal Development - Learning to Get Along Series I'm so excited about this find!! ~ incorporating Laying Down the Rails
- History, Geography, Reading, Read A Louds, Bible - Core B with Grade 3 Readers
- Poetry - Montessori Style Poem of the Month
- Nature Study - I Love Dirt!
- Picture Study - We have 3 Come Look With Me books that we will be working through the year
- Art - Drawing With Children. I also have lots of left over art supplies we didn't use this past year due to home circumstances that I will be delighted to use with them this year!
It's a lot and that's why I left out quite a few subjects suggested on CM. We had such a lackadaisical curriculum last year that I didn't want to throw us in shock and accomplish nothing! The Poetry, Nature Study, and Picture Study will be weekly. The Science is 3 days a week.
I still have quite a few ideas spinning around in me head and I'm trying to figure out if they will work or not!
Zack ~ Preschool:
- 6 Montessori based Trays
- Raising Rock Stars Preschool - we will being joining to have access to the power points as well
- Reading Time each day
- Joining Chris for Poetry, Nature Study, and Art
- His own Personal Development program using the same resources I'm using with Chris
Nate ~ Toddler: ohhhhh how I don't like the thought that he will be a toddler during this school year! He's still a baby in my head so squishy, juicy, and lovey! And I know he still will be all those things, I just really like the idea of him being a baby cake!
- Some form of Tot School mixed with some CM & Montessori applications
I'm working on a schedule and trying to figure out how we can work everything with as much ease, comfort, and fun as possible.