Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Goals

I love, love, love goal planning. 2008 - 2010 were successful goal planning years for me. 2011 I kind of was just there, taking it one day at a time. So, I'm renewed for 2012! We will be moving to a new state by the end of this month and I'm super excited about it! This move has caused me to rethink some things and majorly simplify!

Memory Keeping:
  • Keep up with project life
  • keep shutterfly updated and have an ongoing photo book
  • record something once a week & keep separate yearly video folder
  • turn VHS home videos into DVDs
  • finish Nathanael's baby album
  • finish Zack's baby album
Personal:
  • Read through the Bible in a year - do weekly check ins on Sundays
  • Read 29 planned books this year
  • listen to extra books in text to speech format on my kindle while cleaning or doing other hands occupied, brain free activities
  • make a 30 by 30 list
  • make, do, or whatever one thing each week from my saved projects/resources (magazines, pinterest, print outs, cookbooks,etc)
Marriage:
  • Have a monthly date night (Jan. excluded b/c he is in NC for the month)
  • have a weekend just us
Kids/School:
  • Swim & tennis lessons for Chris (he did these last year and it was a perfect fit for him)
  • Join Cub Scouts
  • Join the science museum once settled and money available
  • go to the homeschool convention
  • join a homeschool co-op once settled
  • start chore system back up and have everyone (except the baby obviously... no I think he should too :P) one assigned night a week to HELP in the kitchen with dinner and evening kitchen routine
  • do an activity once a week one on one with EACH from saved resources
Ministry:

  • start our weekly family night back up
  • host cook outs weekly or biweekly during spring - fall inviting everyone we know (with reason)
  • reach out monthly to someone however God directs (neighbor, extended family, church members, etc)
Financial:
  • set up a budget & use the cash envelope system
  • start/open our Disney fund (set for may/june 2016)
  • open a vacation account
  • Get life insurance for Nathanael
  • combine all kid's insurance payments into auto pay and save $
  • make a will
I know glancing at this list may seem like a lot but it's really not. For example with memory keeping - I already do the first and third thing listed I just want to make it my goal to keep doing that! the fourth thing requires me to take a VHS tape with me on my Costco tape and turn it in. the last two things are probably only going to require about 4 hrs of my time all together!

As I make a plan for each I will post about it. Then post again as it's complete. Best wishes to your 2012 goals! I look forward to linking up with MoneySavingMom for accountability in purposeful living!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment