Friday, October 8, 2010

Lesson 7 - Us

This week was a busy at our house. I had lots of follow up appointments this week and was just more tired as well. I was only able to teach 3 days and only took pics. one of the days. It worked out nicely because this week the science topic was the human body. The human body is something that interested Chris at the age of 3. He's read tons and tons of books about this and what he doesn't understand he asks our chiropractor or pediatrician. His interest has not died down since so for 2 1/2 years he's been studying the human body on his own. I would say he probably has a fourth or fifth grade level of understanding and has even stumped his teenage aunts & uncles a time or two. :P All that to say I'm not concerned w/the fact that we had to skimp on this week. :)

After all that here's what we did in our three days:

Calender, Number Chart, Worksheets, and Tactile Letter Activities

MFW wants the main concentration of the human body to be on the five senses. So here are some five senses games we played:

Sight Game: After he "looked" at what was there he turned around and I took one object then he had to "look"back and tell me what I took based on his memory of what he "saw".

Touch Game: Blind-folded so he could concentrate more on his "touch" he had to "feel" the objects inside the sock and guess what they were.
File Folder: The Five Senses

Books:
Sleep is for Everyone by Paul Showers ~ Chris has been complaining about having to go to sleep lately. So I thought this was the perfect opportunity to talk about our body needing sleep. This book is ok.
The Magic School Bus Explores the Senses by Joanna Cole & Bruce Degen ~ Chris enjoyed it. I honestly don't care for The Magic School Bus ( i know someone slap me right? lol) but this was the only "Senses" book our library had.
Well that's it for us this week! My mom and two baby brothers are coming to stay with us for the week tonight!! Exciting!! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment